In order to support the transition to Education, Health and Care Plans a new Independent Support Service has been introduced. This service is provided specifically to support and act on behalf of parents or young people being assessed for an Education Health Care Plan.
SENDIASS works closely with the Independent Support service as well as with other services from Education, Health and Social Care. Independent Supporters on the Isle of Wight are provided through SENDIASS and the voluntary organisation, People Matter. Independent Supporters work with parents and young people to:
- Help you to understand the referral process
- Act as a named contact throughout the EHC process, whether you are going through it for the first time or transferring from a statement or LDA.
- Help you to liaise across all services involved in the plan
- Provide information about personal budgets
- Refer you to IASS, where the issue is outside the scope of the IS.
For general or first time enquiries to the Independent Support Service on the Isle of Wight please telephone SENDIASS on 01983 825548 or email SENDIASS at email@example.com