Special Educational Needs

Every child with special educational needs (SEN) should have Special Education Needs Support.  This means help that is additional to or different from the support generally given to other children of the same age.

Find out more about SEN Support in mainstream schools here

How is SEN Support funded in schools?

All mainstream schools have money for special educational needs support and resources.  Schools can decide how they spend this money, also known as delegated funding. Click here  to find out more about Funding for SEN Support.

What if I don’t agree with the SEN Support provided?

If you are unhappy about the help being provided for your child, click here to find out more about what to do if you do not agree with decisions about SEN provision